Friday, April 20, 2012

What to take to Haiti

Second batch of stuff to pack for my trip to Haiti. Batteries AA, C and D. Dried cranberries and pineapple, baby goat nipples, new laptop battery for a student, a battery powered fan, index cards, Step into Reading series beginner reading books, big book of ABC's and colors and numbers and measurements and identification of common things, a dictionary, a book about being a good friend, and a book about how many kisses a child needs every day, beads for the ovulation beads, fishing line to string the beads, compact scissors, safety pins for the beads and butterflies to hang on my mosquito net. Hmmm… I wonder how many pounds that stuff is!

Third batch of stuff to pack for Haiti. A pile of jump ropes, solar/wind up lantern, battery charger, light that clips on a hat, windup flashlight, pliers, wire snips, single edge razor blades, tic tack toe games, super balls, new sandals for a special girl, neck bands to keep Jay cool, gum, old telephones, laundry soap, baby wipes, toilet paper, baby booger getter, baby cereal for me to eat with water late at night (no cooking necessary), rubber gloves, sewing kit, gum, reading glasses of various kinds, and two aprons that I made to keep my stuff in while I’m working. Another 15 pounds.

No comments: